Dr. Alankar A. Ramteke specializes in knee and hip replacement surgeries. Dr. Ramteke is a fellowship-trained Joint Replacement Surgeon having undergone extensive training at some high-volume international centers of repute in Seoul, Melbourne, and New York under the guidance of the world’s best teachers and acclaimed Joint Replacement Surgeons. He had performed more than 1000 primary joint replacements, complex joint reconstructions, and revision surgeries over the last 12 years. He has a special interest in joint preservation surgeries in the young. Dr. Ramteke has a busy practice at Nagpur set up over more than a decade and has performed successful primary and revision knee and hip replacements and complex joint reconstructions for patients from Nagpur, Vidarbha, the rest of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, and neighboring states across central India. He has a special interest in joint-preserving surgeries in the young.
- Can we predict the severity of Osteoarthritis of knees and compartmental involvement based on a set of Predefined Clinical Questions in patients with knee pain? – Indian Journal of Orthopaedics Vol 54, Suppl 1, Sep 2020. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/s43465-020-00186-4
- Long-term Results of Periacetabular Rotational Osteotomy Concomitantly with Arthroscopy in Adult Acetabular Dysplasia – Journal of Arthroplasty Vol 35, Issue 10, Oct 2020, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2020.05.045
- Total knee arthroplasty with computer-assisted navigation more closely replicates normal knee biomechanics than conventional surgery. Knee. 24(3), June 2017. PMID: 28233605 doi: 10.1016/j.knee.2016.12.009.
- Long-term Results of a First-Generation Annealed Highly Cross-Linked Polyethylene in Young, Active Patients. Orthopedics, 39(2), Mar-Apr, 2016. PMID: 26811959 doi: 10.3928/01477447-20160119-02.
- Navigation-Assisted Minimal Invasive Total Knee Arthroplasty in Patients with Extra-Articular Femoral Deformity, Journal of Arthroplasty, Vol 25, Issue 4, June 2010. PMID: 19493655 DOI: 10.1016/j.arth.2009.04.010.
- Periacetabular Rotational Osteotomy with Concomitant Hip Arthroscopy for the Treatment of Hip Dysplasia, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, British, Vol 93, Issue 6, June 2011 PMID: 21586769 DOI: 10.1302/0301-620X.93B6.25809.
- ‘Outstanding Young Academic Achiever Award’, Academy of Medical Sciences, Nagpur, 2015-2016
- ‘The best Lecturer’, Grant Medical College, Mumbai, 2007-2008
- ‘The best Personality’, Government Medical College, Nagpur, 1997-1998
- ‘The best Student’ Ordnance Factory Chanda, Ministry of Defence, 1994 -1995