Dr. Anurag Shrimal
M.B.B.S., M.S. (Gen. Surgery), D.N.B. (Gen. Surgery)Fellow American Society of Transplant Surgeons (Duke Univ., U.S.A.)Del Stickle Abdominal Transplant Surgery Fellowship, (DUMC, U.S.A)Surgical Oncology (Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai)
Consultant Abdominal Organ Transplantation & HPB Surgery
Dr. Shrimal is a Abdominal Organ Transplantation & HPB Surgeon par excellence. Dr. Shrimal started his career in medicine at the Prestigious Seth G S Medical College & KEM Hospital Mumbai. After completing his MBBS with several distinctions he pursued Masters in General Surgery at Seth G S Medical College & KEM Hospital Mumbai. He then did his Surgical Oncology training at Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai, the apex cancer referal and treatment centre of India. Dr. Shrimal completed American Society of Transplant Surgeons accredited Fellowship in Liver & Kidney Transplant at the Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA. During his tenure at Duke University he received training in Liver Transplant, Kidney Transplant, Pancreas Transplant, Intestine Transplant and Multivisceral Transplant. Duke University Medical Centre's Liver Transplant Program is well known for the best liver transplant outcomes in the USA. To further enhance his skills in Living Donor Liver Transplant Dr. Shrimal pursued a Visiting Scholarship at Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea. Dr. Shrimal was a Consultant, Abdominal Organ Transplant and HPB Surgeon at Apollo Hospital, Jubilee
Hills, Hyderabad. Dr. Shrimal's special area of interest are Living Donor Liver Transplant, Pediatric Liver Transplant, Split Liver Transplants from Deceased Donors, Pancreas Transplant and HPB Surgery. Dr. Shrimal is currently a Consultant, Abdominal Organ Transplantation and HPB Surgeon at Wockhardt Group of Hospitals, India.
Associations / Affiliations
- Consultant Abdominal Organ Transplant and HPB surgery, Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Associate Consultant, Dept. of General Surgery, P. D. Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Mumbai
Achievements & Awards
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Indian Society of Organ Transplan
- National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Indian Medical Association
- Medical Council Of India
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- Gujarat Medical Council.
- M.P Medical Council.
- A.P Medical Council
- Member of the team to perform the First Simultaneous Kidney Pancreas Transplant in the state of Telangana / A.P
Research, Presentations & Publications
- First in world to perform Composite Vascularised Liver and Posterior Rectus Sheath Allograft Transplant in a Adult Patient
- May-Thurner syndrome complicating left-sided donor nephrectomy. Rege AS, Rendell VR, Shrimal A, Engstrom BI, Miller MJ, Bashir MR, Brennan TV.Transplantation. 2014 Apr 15;97(7):e40-
- Interventional radiological treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma: An update. Shrimal A, Prasanth M, Kulkarni AV.Indian J Surg. 2012 Feb;74(1):91-9.
Abstracts/ Presentations at Professional Meetings:
- A Case of Liver Transplant in Leptospirosis Induced Acute on Chronic Liver Failure. S Katari, S.Narreddy, M. Varma, A. Shrimal, R. K. Barigala, M. Balasubramaniam, R. Rao, M. Ratnamani. 17th International Congress on Infectious Diseases, Hyderabad, India. 2016
- Infectious Complications Post Liver Transplant In a Tertiary Hospital, S Katari, S.Narreddy, M. Varma, A. Shrimal, R. K. Barigala, M. Balasubramaniam, R. Rao. 17th International Congress on Infectious Diseases, Hyderabad, India. 2016
- Vascularised Composite Liver and Posterior Rectus Sheath Transplantation Video Presentation. Anurag Shrimal, Manish C Varma. The Annual Conference of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, October 2015, Chennai, India
- Extended Hepataectomy after Sequential Trans Arterial Chemoembolization and Portal Vein Embolization: Initial Experience. Anand Ramamurthy, Bipin B Vibhute, Anurag Shrimal, Mahesh Gopasetty, Manish C Varma, Ravi Kumar, Anand K. Khakhar. XXII National Conference of the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, October 2012, Bengaluru, India
- Surgical Management of Giant Duodenal Ulcer Perforation and External Duodenal Fistula with the Use of T-Tube: A Novel Technique. Anurag Shrimal, J.Gandhi, J. V. Hardikar. At The 29th Annual
Conference, Maharashtra Chapter of the Association of Surgeons of India. Latur, India, Feb 2007
- Living Donor Liver Transplant Fellowship - 2015, Asan University, Seoul, South Korea.
- ASTS Fellowship (Liver & Kidney Transplant) - 2014, Duke University, USA
- Liver Transplant and HPB Surgery Fellowship - 2011, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Surgical Oncology 2010, Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai
- DNB (Gen Surgery) - 2006, National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- MS(Gen Surgery) - 2006, Seth G S Medical College & KEM Hospitals, Mumbai
- MBBS - 2001, Seth G S Medical College & KEM Hospitals, Mumbai
- Liver Transplant:Living Donor Liver Transplant, Deceased Donor Liver Transplant, Split Liver Transplant, Paediatric Liver Transplant, Multi-Organ Transplant (Simultaneous Liver and Kidney Transplant) Multi-Visceral Transplant (Combined Liver, Pancreas & Intestine Transplant).
- Kidney Transplant:Living Donor Kidney Transplant, Deceased Donor Kidney Transplant, Paediatric Kidney Transplant, Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy
- Pancreas Transplant: Simultaneous Kidney Pancreas Transplant, Pancreas Transplant Alone, Pancreas after Kidney Transplant
- Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Surgery: Liver Resections (Anatomical / Non Anatomical), Shunt Surgery for Portal Hypertension, Surgery for Obstructive Jaundice including resection of Bile Duct, Surgery for Caner of Gall Bladder (Radical Cholecystectomy), Surgery for Pancreas (Pancreatico-duodenectomy, Whipple's Procedure, Head Coring & Pancreatico-Jejunosotmy, Distal Pancrectomy & Splenectomy)
- GI Onco-Surgery: Surgery for cancer of Oesophagus / Stomach / Colon & Rectum