Call direct appointment number
M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ortho), Fellowship in Arthroplasty, Dr. C. S. Ranawat Fellow (USA)
Dr. Laghvendu Shekhar has a keen interest in joint replacements, and after post-graduation in M.S. (Orthopaedics), he obtained a one year intensive fellowship in Total Joint Replacement surgery under Dr. Vikram I. Shah at Ahmedabad. While visiting Dr. Ross Crawford at Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia, Dr. Shekhar gained exposure to variety of revision surgeries of the hip and knee, especially cemented impaction bone grafting useful in revision surgeries. He also gained exposure in arthroscopies of the hip. He has also done the Dept. of Hip resurfacing course with Dr. Vijay Bose and has been exposed to more than 3000 joint replacement surgeries at various centres. He has hundreds of grateful patients to his credit till date. During his stint in New York he was involved in a number of ongoing studies like revision in ceramic head fractures use of multimodal pain management in THR and TKR etc.
Research & Publications:
• "Study of Ender Nails Fixation in Pediatric Femoral Shaft fractures in children from 6-14 years", published in Indian Journal of Orthopaedics in January 2006.
• Research Paper on "Multimodal Pain Management after THR and TKR" which was accepted in Clinical Orthopaedics and related research.
• M.B.B.S.: Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur
• M.S. (Ortho): J.L.N Medical College, Ajmer
• Fellowship in Arthroplasty
• Dr. C. S. Ranawat Fellow (USA)
• Primary and Revision Total Knee Replacement
• Primary and Revision Total Hip Replacement
• Hip Resurfacing
• Unicondylr knee replacement
1643, North Ambazari Road,Nagpur – 440033